Interested in pursuing your study in science or medical but still have not found the best place for you to go? Then you shall stay and read this whole article for recommendation. I promised this is going to be worth your time!
We do acknowledge that the science course is listed as one of the core courses as not all institutions in Malaysia have this course to offer in line with engineering and architecture. However, we would not let you down here! Did you know there is this one good institution where you can actually pursue your study in a general science course in Malaysia?
RCSI and UCD Malaysia Campus in Georgetown
RCSI and UCD Malaysia Campus is the best place that you should try and pursue your study in general science course in Malaysia, for several reasons that you would not get in other places:
- Early exposure in medical and clinical fields in an actual hospital setting.
- Training in professional communication between foundation in science students and senior medical students.
- Providing space for professional interaction with clinicians.
- Great progression into the 5 years of Medical Degree programme at RUMC.
- Affordable accommodation and transportation from campus to residence.
The Fees and Scholarships
Unlike the other colleges, RCSI and UCD offer you a general science course with a very affordable fee where it only requires RM30,000 for Malaysian students and RM35,000 for international students. The best part of this campus is when it also offers you a 50% of scholarship for students that got 8A’s and above in SPM, meanwhile 25% of scholarship for students that got 6A’s and above in SPM which is good. Financial assistance is also eligible here such as PTPTN, EPF and more.
The Entry Requirements
RCSI and USD campus also require you minimum criteria from your current highest qualification, which are;
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/ O Level: 3As 2Bs in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics/ Additional Mathematics and one other subject.
- Thailand – Matayom 6: 3.0 of above CGPA with a 3.5 of above GPA in each of Science (including Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Mathematics and English.
- Unified Examinations Certificate (UEC): B4 in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics or Advanced Mathematics.
- Vietnam – High School: 45/50 points with the combination of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and an additional subject.
Guaranteed Progression Pathway
Pursuing your general science course with RCSI and UCD campus will allow you to have a brighter future after study which will lead you directly into our Undergraduate Medicine programme. These are the reason why:
- If you are graduating from the RUMC foundation in science with CGPA 3.00 to 3.49 you will get to continue your RUMC pre-medical year.
- If you are graduating from the RUMC foundation in science with CGPA 3.50 to 4.00 you will get to continue into National University of Ireland Medical Degree.
Indeed, taking general science courses in RCSI and UCD Campus is something that you should not hesitate to do as it benefits in so many ways. Go to the website and register today!